Scalia Is Wrong About Abortion

Friday, April 11

This is an excellent article written by Joseph Farrah on the subject of abortion and the Constitution:

"I seldom have found myself in disagreement with Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia. He has a brilliant mind, and he knows and reveres the Constitution and the American form of government. But he's wrong about abortion. Recently, he told students at the University of Central Missouri that the subject of abortion is not found in the Constitution:

'The reality is the Constitution doesn't address the subject at all,' he said. 'It is one of the many subjects not in the Constitution which is therefore left to democracy. If you want the right to an abortion, persuade your fellow citizens it's a good idea, and pass a law. If you feel the other way, repeal the law.'

I disagree. In fact, I believe the Constitution outlaws abortion, and I think I can prove it to you. To understand why abortion is still illegal, despite Roe v. Wade, you must begin by doing something few Americans bother with anymore: reading the preamble to the U.S. Constitution".

Read the rest of the article here.

0 comments: